Klaymakers 22 Won’t Be Your Ordinary Hackathon – Here’s Why
“In most cases, prize money isn’t the focus,” laughed Miir, a research analyst at a layer 1 blockchain whose journey in web3, which began three years ago, has seen him take part in several hackathons and organise several more.
“If you think of it, hackathons are a good way to enter a vertical you are interested in. Many participants are here to meet fellow builders and mentors. They want to join groups that already have a business idea or if they have a business idea themselves, they are here to find co-founders and business partners,” he added.
Indeed, hackathons are free networking opportunities, a gateway to learn what others are building and how to prototype and present your idea rapidly.
Klaytn, a public blockchain platform backed by Kakao Corp. is planning to do something different. Its flagship global hackathon, Klaymakers22, organised in partnership with DoraHacks, aims to showcase the creativity and diversity of Web3 developers around the world, with grant opportunities for outstanding talents.
The hackathon is open to both blockchain dev beginners and OGs alike, with five tracks covering a range of talents and interests:
- The Klaytn Core + track: For developers who are interested in driving improvement and building toolings on the Klaytn core protocol.
- The Metaverse & NFTs track: For developers who are interested in building use cases and toolings in the Metaverse or/and NFTs to support the growth of the Klaytn ecosystem in these aspects.
- The DAO track: For developers who are interested in DAO use cases or/and its supporting toolings on the Klaytn ecosystem to drive the growth of community use cases on the Klaytn ecosystem.
- The Fi+ track: For developers who are interested in building use cases or/and its supporting toolings of any Fi+ fields (i.e., DeFi, GameFi, MetaFi, and SocialFi) on the Klaytn ecosystem.
- The Public Goods track: For developers to take the chance to build use cases and toolings on the Klaytn ecosystem that could make a difference against public difficulties (for example, climate change, pollution, war, oppression, economic inequality, fake news and more) and any potential social impact.
Klaymakers22 will take place between August 29 and September 30, with the winners announced on October 10. Registration is now open.
Participants will gain access to developer workshops covering the basics of building on Klaytn and briefing sessions on sponsor challenges. These workshops will be made available for on-demand viewing after the event. Those attending live will get to be a part of the Q&A sessions and insights into the latest Web3 trends and development.
Participants can look forward to grant funding and incubation opportunities at Klaymakers22, and you’ll also get to have first-hand experience with the state-of-the-art Klaytn platform and meet the people behind it.
If you don’t already know, Klaytn is not only Ethereum compatible but also supports Ethereum equivalence. This means any tooling that runs on Ethereum will also run seamlessly within the Klaytn ecosystem. Any tooling created for Klaytn can be adopted for Ethereum. Its gas fee is also over 90% cheaper than Ethereum.
The majority of the Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIPs) can also be migrated and adopted for Klaytn and vice versa. The Klaytn EVM environment supports Opcodes and stack logic that promises an equivalent execution behaviour and a set of JSON-RPC APIs with endpoint payload syntax for full Ethereum interfacing equivalence.
Klaytn offers a speedy user experience akin to Web2 with its 4,000 TPS real-world throughput and one of the lowest—if not the lowest— transaction latency among leading blockchains, as shown by their recent real-world test results. There will not be any more waiting for transactions to be confirmed and no risk of transactions reversing.
In short, Klaymakers encourages you to build real stuff and get your project off the ground.
For more information and registration details for Klaymakers22, visit https://developer.klaytn.foundation/klaymakers22.